I can't believe we're in the final stretch! The house is starting to look like a real house with walls and doors and lights and everything. We've picked out just about everything, I think - vinyl siding, shutters, carpet, hardwood, cabinets, tiles, appliances... I think we're now into just the cosmetic stuff.
The finish date was supposed to be 11/30 (for the tax credit), but it has been renewed much to our builder's delight (we had threatened all but murder if he didn't finish in time :) ). However, I am still pushing for it to be done as close to that as possible, so we're not moving that close to Christmas. And also, we lose our apartment Dec 11th!
Anyway, considering they had less than 60 days from when they finally started, it went up incredibly fast!! I am pleased with the work so far, and all our choices/ upgrades have worked out perfectly so far! It is so hard to believe that before the holidays are over, we will be living in our very first house!!
Guess we can't stall on packing up much longer, huh? :)
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment