Sorry for the long break - there has been a lot of stuff going on and I've had a hard time finding time to update this blog.
Let's start with the house - the latest update is that it will be done in early January. As far as construction delays go, a month and a half is not too bad I suppose, but it's still a little frustrating. We have no idea when we need to start packing up or give our apartment 30 days notice (again!) or anything. I'm learning to live with the delays, but the stress of not knowing and everything being up in the air is kind of hard. I wish they would just give us a firm date, even if it's 2 months away. However, I can't complain too much. And it is coming right along and looking gorgeous. I believe the next steps are flooring and cabinets. They painted and have all the baseboards and trim done, so that was another huge milestone. Pics are posted on facebook, but let me know if you can't find them.
Now for another update that has made me smile so much lately - I finally quit my horrible job and got a new one that I'm ecstatic about!!! I had hated my job since my first day back in October of 2008, and it only got worse. Each month, I felt like me and my colleagues would say "Ok, really now, this is rock bottom" but we kept being surprised! The latest was they had brought in a controller-type person with barely more experience than me. She was a horribly rude and vocally incompetent person, but I didn't report to her so it was ok. Then they canned the CEO and CFO quite abruptly and the hierarchy changed and it got unbearably miserable. I had been looking on and off and had even had a couple offers, but I kept thinking I would start seriously looking in January because it feels like no body's hiring around the holidays.
However, around the same time, a recruiter called me about a job at a defense contractor. It sounded great but I only had 1 of their 3 requirements, so I told the recruiter I'd pass. He pushed me to at least go in for an interview, and it went great! The job sounds right up my alley, with a great combination of stuff I know I already excel at with some new things that I would like more experience in. More importantly, the title puts me back on the accounting track I wanted to be on, so I'm thrilled for this opportunity! The company loved me and I was the only person they interviewed and made an offer to so I really have high hopes for this. The way I see it is even if it isn't everything I think it will be, it has to be better than my last job! :)
There is that old joke that of the three things in life (romance, career, and home), you can never have all 3 at once. That has definitely been true for me for the past several years, but I don't know, I might have hit the jackpot here. I have a husband I adore, a house that we got to design ourselves, and a job at my dream company so fingers crossed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm glad that everything is going so well for you! It does seem like you have hit the jackpot for sure! I would take it and wouldn't question it at all :) There is enough depressing stuff that happens daily so when we have moments in life like this, I think we should just eat it up while it lasts :)
ReplyDelete