Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Wow, it's been a great holiday season. I got to take 2 weeks off between my old job and new job which gave me time to go to WV for a week to be with my husband's family for Christmas. It was my first time being away from my family on Christmas Day, but we fudged it a few days earlier and it was great! It was fun to spend the actual holiday with my mother-in-law and the rest of his family, so all in all, a good time was had. Also, I got some awesome gifts! :)
On Saturday, we scooted back up to MA so I could start my new job on Monday (12/28) and my first day was great! (When I started my last job, I came home on the brink of tears every night for the first couple weeks so already this is an improvement!) My new boss seems wonderful and everyone that was in the office during this off week was super friendly! I've already been taken out to lunch a couple times and enjoy getting to know my new colleagues. I fly to DC Monday (1/4) to be trained by the person I'm replacing, then my actual duties will pick up.
For New Year's, we are planning on hunkering down at a friend's mansion with a ton of our closest friends, weather permitting! 2010 is already looking rosy-bright, so can't wait to kick it off right!
And finally, the house...more pics were just posted to fb. The cosmetic stuff is all starting to come in now - floors, cabinets, appliances, fixtures, etc. It is so real now...I'm actually starting to imagine living there...After we get through the tediousness of packing and moving that is. :) Closing is still on track for 1/11 so fingers crossed! Our locked-in rate goes up after that, so they better get it right this time. :)
Anyway, I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season, remembering of course the reason for it all. Wishing everyone nothing but happiness in the new year!!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for funny tees! (I saw it in your profile). Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete