Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Day 2010

To those that don't know, V-Day is my favorite holiday. My dad started this by giving me flowers every Valentine's for as long as I can remember. When Anthony came along, he kept up the trend and made V-day even "special-er" by proposing on it, thus creating new traditions for our relationship.
This year, my best friend jumped in on the action and totally made my day by sending me flowers. She knows it's my favorite holiday and wanted to remind me how much she's glad I'm in her life, and I adore her for it. That's why she's my bestie. (However, I have always encountered trouble at work when it comes to flowers on V-day - because I often had at least 2 sets of flowers (one from Dad, one from my guy) and female coworkers often tease me relentlessly! :) This year, I have 3 so I left my dad's bouquet in my car. :) )
Anthony also had flowers delivered to me today (he likes to have them come when I'm at work so I can stare at them all day). And we plan to take the long weekend and thoroughly enjoy our holiday and our traditions. Our traditions mostly consist of re-playing what we did on our first V-day together. It was a blizzard, so we were snowed in and made his famous nacho dip and chocolate lava cakes and enjoyed a couple chick flicks. It is low-key, cheap, and perfect for us. Anthony learned right away that an awesome V-day for me does not consist of lots of money being spent on gifts or fancy eateries, so it's great for the both of us. He doesn't feel a lot of pressure, and I get to enjoy my day doing my favorite things with my favorite person and not sitting in a crowded restaurant with every other couple trying to be romantic.
Anyway, that's my ramblings on the upcoming holiday. I hope everyone, attached or single, takes the day to think about all the loves in their life (family, career, friends) and appreciate them. If V-day is just a stupid commerical holiday to you, then I hope you have an awesome long weekend doing something else you love.
See you on the other side!!

1 comment:

  1. To be clear, I didn't have flowers delivered - I hand-delivered them myself! :)

    ReplyDelete