We finally got our landscaping done, which so far consists of that funny green hydro-seeding, but it sure looks a lot better than the pile of mud we were sitting on before! It does need to be watered every single day, so of course we are finally rain-free here in the spring! But it's kind of a good thing, because until the grass grows roots to hold the soil down, we just keep getting a muddy driveway and walkway every time it rains. So, I'll take my rain-free hydro-seed over the alternative!
My mother-in-law was in town this weekend, and she maintains a great garden so we were super grateful for her expertise in assisting us. She also brought us some trees and flowers to plant, so it was really fun to do that for the first time. on my very own lawn. :) I can't wait to see how it all comes up. I'm not sure gardening will be my favorite thing since patience is not one of my virtues - some of the trees we planted won't even be big enough to transplant from their current protected nook for about 2 years!
I'll try to post pics soon on facebook once the grass starts sprouting - having a lawn (or the appearance of one) really does make a huge difference in the way our house looks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment