Friday, August 27, 2010

Music High

My name is Amanda and I am a music-addict. I have to have music on all. the. time. I love it, and my day is always significantly worse without it. It hardly even matters what type of music (except classical, sorry mom!), but I am instantly revived by listening to it. When I am sad, I mope around and sing ballads at the top of my lungs. When I am tired, I tend to listen to country, I guess for the stories. But I am always up for hip-hop music. Any day, any time, any mood, any weather. For me, the best music is music I absolutely cannot sit still to or can't *not* sing along to, no matter how hard I try or how inappropriate dancing or singing is at that moment. I dance and sing in my car, I dance and sing (quietly) at work, I dance and sing in the shower. Just today, I find myself utterly and irreversibly addicted to "Club Can't Handle Me" and I have been listening to that one song since about 10 this morning. I am in such a good mood I can barely contain it. Normally by the end of the week I'm exhausted, but I am chair-dancing like there's no tomorrow with a cheesy grin from ear to ear. I can't help it, music always makes me feel better. If I'm bored, I turn on music and dance around. I even endanger myself by getting a little groove on while I'm running on the treadmill. Yesterday, I discovered "Footloose" is impossible not to run to, and I sprinted faster than I knew I could!
I don't know why music affects me so strongly, but it is one of my biggest passions in life (much to my poor husband's chagrin sometimes). It is like crack to me, and I would rather die than go deaf for that reason alone.
So, there it is. My ode to music. And on that note, back to grooving...

I said it
Go tell it
Confetti
Who ready?
I'm ready
You ready
Let's get it...
You know I know how

To make 'em stop and stare as I zone out
The club can't even handle me right now
Watching you watching me I go all out
The club can't even handle me right now

Put your hands up
Let's celebrate now
You know who shut it down!

No comments:

Post a Comment