Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veterans Day!

I am so proud to know so many that have served to protect our way of life.  My dad, who was a career military man.  My brother, who served on the bomb squad for four years.  My cousin Elliott, who is overseas now.  Several other cousins in a variety of branches, both current soldiers and veterans.  All my high school friends that joined up right after graduating.  As civilians, we can never fully understand and appreciate how much these soldiers sacrifice for our happiness.  To all those brave men and women who have taken on a responsibility I am not brave enough to, we owe your our lives.  Literally.  Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate the way Lee Greenwood phrased it..."If tomorrow all the things were gone, I’d worked for all my life. And I had to start again, with just my children and my wife. I’d thank my lucky stars,to be livin' here today.
    ‘ Cause the flag still stands for freedom,
    and they can’t take that away." If I were starting again with just my family, I am proud that includes you.

    ReplyDelete