“People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; we drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; we drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated.”
Thursday, January 20, 2011
Wow. Just Wow.
I did have a very depressing entry drafted yesterday, but decided to leave it unposted for now. Since I don't know who reads this blog, sometimes there are just some things that are too close to my heart to put on the internet. Instead, I will re-post the following quote I saw on one of my friend's blogs today. She called it "Something to Chew On." Indeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thanks for sharing that quote and I'm going to have to share that as well. I think those are true sentiments. These days, it hard knowing when someone calls themselves a "Christian" if they believed that are saved by Jesus's blood or if it means that just being in warm fuzzy parts of Loving God who gave us His son but disregard all the hard parts of the Bible. I do hope that you are doing okay. :) I know we all have our own personal struggles, but I cling to the truths of God's Word and who He says I am in Him.. I find that to give me the most hope and comfort.
ReplyDelete