Thursday, March 31, 2011

Random Notes...

Sorry for the lack of updates lately, it's been a pretty plain few weeks.

Last Saturday, in honor of St. Patrick's Day, we held a party at our house. In became an accidental tradition when we had our first apartment warming in 2008 on Patty's Day. Last year, we had our first big party on the same holiday, though we had boxes still scattered and very few furniture pieces set up. :) This year, our living room was actually hospitable and with the in-ceiling speakers finally up and running, it was a very comfortable (and dance-y) environment for a party! :)

This weekend, Anthony is going to MD for a Beer, Bourbon, BBQ, and Bacon Festival with one of his best friends, leaving me home alone. I have some things planned for Friday and Saturday night, so hopefully it will fly by!

Today, I got good news at work in the way of our annual reviews/ raise. My boss had nothing but rave words to say about me - I was hired for a much simpler, easier job than what I am now performing and she is very happy with my efforts and my work ethic. My official title is Accountant, but she says I am basically an acting Senior Accountant, which she said is impressive especially considering I have no accounting degree! :) The high praise alone cheered up my day immensely, but a raise never hurt anything! Our company wide standards for yearly raises are very low (which I was warned about ahead of time, thank goodness!), so while not a big raise in and of itself, the percentage is higher than average by a bit, so yay!

On a different note, snow is predicted for tomorrow. Boston most likely won't get much, but 6-12 inches are predicted in other parts of MA. I never cease to be amazed at New England weather sometimes. We had a few 50/60 degree days, and my mind leapt into Spring mode so this is highly disheartening now! :)

Anyway, hope all is well with my readers!! My blog buddies had some fun news this week too, so I'll share! My sister-in-law's son (also my brother's, but she's the one who blogs) just turned 1 yesterday!! So glad he pulled through as a serious preemie and is doing just great now! And my oldest friend Bethany seems to have her sister and niece and nephew staying with her for quite a bit, so that sounds like an awesome treat! Some other friends from my Germany days (Sara and Rachael) had some very challenging words in their latest blogs, and I never tire of hearing other people's ephiphanies about living a Christian life.

Anyway, that's my news for Quarter 1 of 2011. Have a great weekend, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment