Wow, I just noticed this blog really got away from me last month!! I apologize! I don't have anything super important on my mind, so here's just some quick glimpses of my life since last time I posted...
Friends: My favorite cousin was in town last month for a few weeks, and I got to go out with her and some old college buddies and have a blast like the good ole days! I have missed Tanya since she moved to Canada to be with her husband, but I am very glad they are returning to the US soon!
We also saw the newest Pirates 4 movie with some other friends, and I was sorely disappointed. I know 2 and 3 got a bad rap, but I re-watched them in preparation and I didn't think they were too awful, still a lot of "Jack-ness" to them, that I feel #4 kind of lacked. And there were 2 plot lines in #4 that were completely irrelevant and helped make the movie just a bit too long. Hopefully they're done after this one!
Also, we got to spend a lot of time with our good friends lately, who have a s'more pit and beautiful pool! They were nice enough to let us play with them over Memorial Day weekend and I always come home desperately wanting a pool myself!! :/ I can dream... :)
Family: We spent Mother's Day at my parent's house and had a really good run of game playing, which is how she likes to celebrate any special occasion. It's nice to have them close enough to see them on special days.
Anthony's mom came up just last weekend to celebrate her birthday by getting away from work. We did some sightseeing in Newburyport (gorgeous old NE town on a port) and had a blast! She also likes gardening, so she helped us pick out and plant several flowers around our yard. It feels like such a grown-up thing to do and I'm glad we had her around for advice!
Church: Anthony and I have been attending an evangelical church about 30 minutes away, and we don't always like the drive or the huge-ness of the church. Mega-churches are not our favorite kind, as it can be hard to get plugged in. Happily, they opened another smaller "campus" about 10 minutes from our house and literally across the street from our last apartment. We were able to check it out last Sunday with Anthony's mom and my parents and it seems really great! I'm very excited about the possibility of making that our new home, though their latest service is 11am. :)
Upcoming News: Anthony has been asked to go on 2 business trips this summer, including one this month to San Francisco. There is a "Hackathon" Friday-Saturday (6/24-25) and it will be attended by software developers trying to push out 100 new apps. It is literally a -thon, running from early Friday morning straight through to Saturday afternoon!! I don't know how he'll stay awake for it all, but I wish him luck! :) Anyway, I believe myself to be in love with San Francisco, and I think it is my true home. I desperately want to live there someday, so of course I insisted on tagging along for this trip! We'll stay for a few days after and do some vacationing and sight-seeing. We have not been on a real vacation since our 1 year anniversary, so I am stoked about this trip! We're still looking into what we want to prioritize while there, but so far there has been mention of Alcatraz, the famous windy road, maybe the Pacific Coast Highway, and of course some beach time!
Weather (yes, really :) ): This spring has been a little sad, going straight from 50 degree sweater weather to a sweltering 95 degrees today, but I've been trying to get out and about and enjoy the spring days when they happen! We lucked out with Memorial Day and the weekend my MIL was here being sunny and in the 70's. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for great weather (read: no rain) when we get to San Fran!
So, that's what's new in my world. And of course, the dragging of the figurative feet as my 30th birthday looms in the next month (7/11). I am freaking out about it quite a bit, though I can't be sure why it bugs me so much. I love my husband and my house, my career is at an acceptable level, and I feel like I am enjoying life. But something about the 30's just sounds all very downhill. I know, I know, you're only as old as you feel, and 30's are the new 20's, blah blah blah. But I had a pretty great 20's and I miss the spring in my step and the lack of responsibilities and societal expectations. *sigh* First world problems, I know :)
Til next time! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment