Friday, August 5, 2011

August Already??!!

My my, I say this every year, but summer goes by waaay too fast!!! I think it mostly feels that way because only June-August are warm months, and the other 9 months are much less reliable! I wish May-September had more consistent weather, I think that would help the summer feel longer. Anyway, this summer has been absolutely glorious apart from that!

Friends: Anthony's best friends from college (Jeremy & Emily) finally moved back to Massachusetts last year, and we have spent a lot of time with them this year. It's really great for me to be able to get to know some of Anthony's favorite buddies, for several reasons, but especially because their house came with a glorious heated gunite pool! Every free weekend, we've been invited over there to spend Saturday grilling, swimming, tanning, playing badminton and Catan...It's been heaven! I always have a hard time finding enough stuff to do in the outdoors during the summer and not just staying inside, and swimming is the best way to do it!

Family: Between those glorious swimming weekends, we've been seeing our family. Anthony's mom has already come up twice this summer to spend a weekend with us. My parents spent a good chunk of July in Salt Lake (with my brother, my sis-in-law, and my niece and nephew), but we've gone out a few times, including a super fun trip mini-golfing (where I won, which *never* happens) and a bowling trip (where I lost so profoundly it was a little bit absurd).

Blockbusters: Of course, we also went to see *the* summer movie: Harry Potter, the finale. I never really got into those movies, so I was glad they were finally over and I could stop sitting through the massively long and epic stories. :) I am much more excited about *my* summer blockbuster: Glee, The Concert!! I have tried for the past 2 years to get tickets to see the real thing and have been unsuccessful, so a movie of it will have to be the next best thing! :)

Vacations: This weekend, we'll be leaving for another business trip of Anthony's. We went to San Francisco (see facebook for pics and stories) at the end of June for one, and this one is to NYC. The hotel is in the heart of Times Square, so hopefully it'll be easy for me to walk around the city by myself while Anthony is busy with his conference. Since SF was so cold, I was looking forward to NYC being warmer, and it looks like it will be. However, rain is predicted for 3 of the 4 days I'll be there, so boo :( Stay tuned to see if the weather cooperates this time!

Hope y'all are having an equally exciting summer and enjoying the sunshine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment