Sorry it's been so silent on the blog front lately. The past few months have been a little hard on me, and I confess I have been unable to think of anything fun or happy to post about.
I have to keep in mind, however, that my life is not dismal. Hardly at all. I had a great summer with great friends, both my husband and I are gainfully employed, I live in a beautiful house that is holding up wonderfully, my family is well and healthy, and I have about everything I could ever ask for. I don't know why it is so easy to lose track of all the important things in life, but it is very easy for me to get bogged down in situations that I know can't and won't last forever. I know it's supposed to be a funny internet meme, but the phrase "first world problems" really does relate to about everything I concern myself with, and I have to continually repeat that to myself. Life on this earth is so short, so finite, which makes every phase in our life, good or bad, also finite. While I find myself dejected and hopeless right now, with no light at the end of the tunnel, there are so many better, happy things I could focus on. And just constantly remind myself, "This too shall pass."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment