Friday, January 13, 2012

Alive and Kicking!

Wow, sorry for the lack of postings - the holiday season always gets away from me, but 2012 is looking bright!


My last post was a little depressing, and I can say now that was due to my work situation. A new boss had been hired over the summer, and she came in basically raring to get her whole team canned. Failing that, she gave it her best shot to make us all miserable enough to quit of our own accord. Morale plummeted, and attempts to terminate her resulted in a fake whistle-blowing threat. Things looked dismal, and job hunting during the holidays is often a losing battle. However, 3 days before our Christmas break, I received the best Christmas present ever - they finally manned up and let her go!! My job is back to normal, my team's spirit has rebounded nicely, and work is no longer a constant, never-ending source of stress and fear. Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year to me!! :)


On all other fronts, my life is still charmed as always. Next Saturday marks our 2-year anniversary in our house. While we have done some minor cosmetic additions to it (in-ceiling speakers, retaining wall all around all lawn, etc.), the only work we've *had* to put into its maintenance and upkeep is power-washing the front and back deck. Not too shabby at all!; I am very pleased with being able to live in a new construction.


Also, this September will mark our five year wedding anniversary - hard to believe it's already been five years, but equally hard to believe I lived the first 25 years of my life without Anthony. I can't even remember what that felt like.


On a lesser note, the weather here has been surprisingly mild - except for some snow on Halloween, the days stayed well above average until after Thanksgiving, and we've only had one other snow. I'm thrilled to have made it halfway through January with such mild weather and almost no snow. This winter might just be our best one yet, which is a great break from having to snow blow half of foot of snow every other day for about a month, as you might recall last year's winter.


In short, I have so much to be thankful for and my zest for life has returned going into this New Year! I pray that all of you are equally bright and optimistic about 2012. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment