I really thought I would start posting more in 2012, but I'm shocked to see it's been over a month. Again. Whoops :)
January 21st marked our 2 year anniversary that we've been in our house. In some ways, I can't believe it's been so long, still feels new! But in other ways, I can't really remember living anywhere else. When we were designing our house two years ago, we kept hearing that it takes a few "custom builds" to actually get it right, and a con of designing your own is it's frustrating as you settle in to find impracticalities and mistakes, because you have no one to blame but yourself. I am happy to report, however, that my darling husband did a fantastic job of thinking through every nook and cranny and we have zero complaints so far. Zero. It's been so glorious gradually settling in to each room, and making minor improvements as we go along.
For the media room, the other side of the basement opposite the garage, Anthony had always planned to make it a very relaxing and enjoyable media haven. Though we have a couch and all our DVDs and electronics and game systems and a big screen tv, it's always been a work in progress for Anthony. The endgame was always to have lots of seating and a projector down there, but we had been building our savings back up and focusing on more important updates in other rooms. As Anthony's couch down there gradually broke down and ceased to be comfortable, we finally decided it was time to do that room up right. We had picked out a bulky multi-seat sectional couch already, with recliners and a chaise, and we finally pulled the trigger on it. Once it came, we realized we were ready for an improved screen as well, so we upgraded our big-screen tv to a ceiling mounted projector with a 120inch screen covering one wall. The room feels totally transformed, much bigger and open, and very much like a personal theater experience. I'm glad we finally got that room in line with Anthony's plan for it, and it is maybe my new favorite room in the house! Still deciding what movie we'll show for guests when we have our first big movie night :)
I cannot believe how ridiculously blessed I am at this (relatively) young stage in my life. Sometimes when I step back and try to give thanks for it all, it just feels like such a dream. Definitely way more than I deserve.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment