Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Another Great Weekend

Last weekend was another great, jam-packed weekend! Slightly hectic, but altogether pretty awesome.
Friday night started off kinda frantically - the weekend prior, we had invited a relatively new friend over with a couple other people. The plans were just pretty casual, until we realized Thursday night that his birthday was right around then. Thinking he might think we'd asked him over for that reason, we had to throw some brain muscle into coming up with some way to celebrate it. We ended up making him a special dessert and putting up some decorations, and he seemed great with it. I played basketball for the first time since elementary school (yup, still pretty bad at it), but it was actually really fun. Then we made breakfast burgers (basic burger topped with egg, hash browns, bacon, and cheese), and topped it off with a skookie for dessert (large choco-chip cookie baked in a skillet made for sharing). We then played Rock Band until the wee hours, then went to bed when the sun came up.
Saturday, we slept in late (of course!) and had about an hour to get up and dressed for meeting some friends at Jordan's in Reading. After dining at Fuddruckers (little tip for girls: get the kid's meal -it's the perfect size!), we watched "Star Trek" in IMAX. I've never seen ST and know very little about the plot and characters, but had a good time all the same. The acting was outstanding and the plot was easy enough to follow (and Chris Pine is one mighty fine specimen!)
Early Sunday morning, I attended my first baby shower that was for a friend of mine and not a friend of my parents. I have to confess it was a little eerie. This friend is close to my age and in a similar life situation, but she was definitely ready to be a mom and I think she'll be a great one. There were kids running around everywhere though, which is not a phenomenon I'm used to at this stage in my life. A good time was had, but it's hard for me to imagine being ready for that right now so it was a bit scary. And sadly, there were no cheesy shower games. :(
As usual though, tons of fun with very little sleep! Hopefully I'll be able to recover during this upcoming three-day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment