
I enjoy a good show just as much as the next person, but marrying Anthony really got me hooked on the power of a really great series. I get really passionate and animated about the shows I like, so I'm going to take a few minutes to just sound off about some of my faves.
24: I have a really bad memory when it comes to media, but I do believe this might be my favorite season yet! The episode 2 weeks ago had me literally on the edge of the couch (lol, sl)! (spoiler alert!) Bill's back then bites the dust; Tony's back and good, wait, now bad!; Kim made an appearance; Aaron's back after barely escaping with his life (little known fact: he was actually slotted to die in the episode where he almost does, but the actor felt so strongly about his character that he pleaded successfully to keep Aaron alive - that also makes him the only other character besides Jack to be in every single season); Jack's knocking on death's door! Oh, such good television especially after their recent seasons - I think this show should be called 'Redemption' instead of the movie. :) I'm very sad that there are only like 3 shows left in this one, but I will be glad to hopefully be done with the retard of a first daughter.
American Idol: Guilty pleasure that definitely has some ups and downs, but I like getting to know the contestants and see all the "song and dance." After being obsessed with David Cook last season, I haven't really latched on to any of the remaining contestants this season (see previous post re: Scott). I think it's undeniable that Adam is the strongest singer by a mile, but I don't know how he would translate on an album. I really really don't like Danny and wish he were already gone, but then we wouldn't have gotten to hear the worst scream ev.er. so I guess it's ok. Kinda hoping he goes home tonight though. On a related note, I got hooked on "So You Think You Can Dance" last summer and am anxiously awaiting its return on 5/21 to fill the reality show gap.
Chuck: Seriously, this may go down as one of my favorite shows of all time. It is so cleverly written and there's a lot of everything for everyone - comedy, action, suspense, romance. I don't know what kind of person would not like this show were they to start watching it. Chuck and Sarah just sizzle, and there is more comedic relief than I can even appreciate sometimes. I can't believe the network is on the fence about renewing this show. I might actually boycott the network if they do, really. Anyone who is not watching it should definitely start should it get renewed. It is criminally underrated!
How I Met Your Mother: Another really good show that is on my list of faves. I really like the fivesome, but Barney makes it my must-watch of the week.
The Mentalist / Criminal Minds: These fulfill my crime drama quota and they are both epically good. CSI was good in its heyday, but I find those piling up on my DVR week after week, unlike these 2 shows. The Mentalist is something new (I think) and I always appreciate when there is an outlaw character who doesn't play by the rules. Simon Baker and Robin Tunney are really sweet together, and the plots are normally really enticing. Criminal Minds is just a freak show and I can't look away. They consistently have the creepiest suspects and some really surprising twists. And the team is full of interesting people that I love watching and getting to know.
Shows I Don't Like/ Don't Get But Watch Anyway (mostly bc I'm married... :) ):
Heroes: Yes, this pains me to say because I was a naysayer at first until my husby made me watch season one under duress. I was a huge fan before it was through and have been alright with some of the stupid things they pulled last season (Mexico, anyone?) But this season, oh. my. gosh. It's not even pleasurable anymore. I think we truly have 6 backlogged shows clogging up our dvr that we just don't want to watch. We could give it up, but we're too ocd for that methinks. But the last episode we watched - I feel like it was stoopid Angela Petrelli's face in a church for 60 whole minutes. And I swear they have completely lost track of which powers Sylar has already obtained. Oh, it's pure torture. I know they canned the old writers and promised to fix it, but that was awhile ago and I would expect to see some fixes being aired by now. Grr, our persistence better pay off soon or I will be holding some serious grudge-ness.
Lost: My husby made me start watching this, and I can honestly say except for a couple episodes back around season 2 or 3, I really could walk away from this in a heartbeat. There is just too much of everything, and I don't know how they think we're keeping any of those details stored in our brains. Almost every episode now, there'll be a big reveal and I find myself alternating between "Wait, didn't we already piece that together from the hints" or "Wow, really?!?!?! Oh wait, yeah...they already told us that last season." Either reaction takes me out of the show, and makes me angry. I am a girl so I can cop to this, but if it weren't for the love "square" (Jack, Sawyer, Kate, Juliet) I would have forced my husby to release me from this convoluted show.
24: I have a really bad memory when it comes to media, but I do believe this might be my favorite season yet! The episode 2 weeks ago had me literally on the edge of the couch (lol, sl)! (spoiler alert!) Bill's back then bites the dust; Tony's back and good, wait, now bad!; Kim made an appearance; Aaron's back after barely escaping with his life (little known fact: he was actually slotted to die in the episode where he almost does, but the actor felt so strongly about his character that he pleaded successfully to keep Aaron alive - that also makes him the only other character besides Jack to be in every single season); Jack's knocking on death's door! Oh, such good television especially after their recent seasons - I think this show should be called 'Redemption' instead of the movie. :) I'm very sad that there are only like 3 shows left in this one, but I will be glad to hopefully be done with the retard of a first daughter.
American Idol: Guilty pleasure that definitely has some ups and downs, but I like getting to know the contestants and see all the "song and dance." After being obsessed with David Cook last season, I haven't really latched on to any of the remaining contestants this season (see previous post re: Scott). I think it's undeniable that Adam is the strongest singer by a mile, but I don't know how he would translate on an album. I really really don't like Danny and wish he were already gone, but then we wouldn't have gotten to hear the worst scream ev.er. so I guess it's ok. Kinda hoping he goes home tonight though. On a related note, I got hooked on "So You Think You Can Dance" last summer and am anxiously awaiting its return on 5/21 to fill the reality show gap.
Chuck: Seriously, this may go down as one of my favorite shows of all time. It is so cleverly written and there's a lot of everything for everyone - comedy, action, suspense, romance. I don't know what kind of person would not like this show were they to start watching it. Chuck and Sarah just sizzle, and there is more comedic relief than I can even appreciate sometimes. I can't believe the network is on the fence about renewing this show. I might actually boycott the network if they do, really. Anyone who is not watching it should definitely start should it get renewed. It is criminally underrated!
How I Met Your Mother: Another really good show that is on my list of faves. I really like the fivesome, but Barney makes it my must-watch of the week.
The Mentalist / Criminal Minds: These fulfill my crime drama quota and they are both epically good. CSI was good in its heyday, but I find those piling up on my DVR week after week, unlike these 2 shows. The Mentalist is something new (I think) and I always appreciate when there is an outlaw character who doesn't play by the rules. Simon Baker and Robin Tunney are really sweet together, and the plots are normally really enticing. Criminal Minds is just a freak show and I can't look away. They consistently have the creepiest suspects and some really surprising twists. And the team is full of interesting people that I love watching and getting to know.
Shows I Don't Like/ Don't Get But Watch Anyway (mostly bc I'm married... :) ):
Heroes: Yes, this pains me to say because I was a naysayer at first until my husby made me watch season one under duress. I was a huge fan before it was through and have been alright with some of the stupid things they pulled last season (Mexico, anyone?) But this season, oh. my. gosh. It's not even pleasurable anymore. I think we truly have 6 backlogged shows clogging up our dvr that we just don't want to watch. We could give it up, but we're too ocd for that methinks. But the last episode we watched - I feel like it was stoopid Angela Petrelli's face in a church for 60 whole minutes. And I swear they have completely lost track of which powers Sylar has already obtained. Oh, it's pure torture. I know they canned the old writers and promised to fix it, but that was awhile ago and I would expect to see some fixes being aired by now. Grr, our persistence better pay off soon or I will be holding some serious grudge-ness.
Lost: My husby made me start watching this, and I can honestly say except for a couple episodes back around season 2 or 3, I really could walk away from this in a heartbeat. There is just too much of everything, and I don't know how they think we're keeping any of those details stored in our brains. Almost every episode now, there'll be a big reveal and I find myself alternating between "Wait, didn't we already piece that together from the hints" or "Wow, really?!?!?! Oh wait, yeah...they already told us that last season." Either reaction takes me out of the show, and makes me angry. I am a girl so I can cop to this, but if it weren't for the love "square" (Jack, Sawyer, Kate, Juliet) I would have forced my husby to release me from this convoluted show.
The Office: I have so many problems with this show, I don't know where to begin. First, I don't think Steve Carell is remotely amusing. He plays a d-nug and the reactions to him are the only thing that can occasionally make me chuckle. Secondly, there are just way too many people stuck reporting to a moron-a-tron for real for this to make me laugh. If I had to work at a place like that, I would off myself. Seriously. So I don't enjoy watching it on television. But then there seem to be so many useless characters that just waste time - the blond HR guy, Angela, the slutty redhead, I just don't get it. If it weren't for Jim and Pam and Darrell, I would refuse to watch this with my husby. I don't get it.

No comments:
Post a Comment