1) We finally got our floor plans back from the architect (almost a month after first meeting with the builder) and they were a joke. It will take at least another meeting to get this squared away, but at least something *happened!*
2) A good college friend of my husband's met a new girl a few months ago and has become a different person who wants nothing to do with his old friends anymore. It's depressing and stupid and I wish I could figure out a way to fix it or why.
3) A really good friend of ours just turned 30, and he's the first of our crowd to do so. There's a huge bash in his honor this weekend and I can't wait, both for the party and to see how someone else handles hitting that somewhat intimidating decade. :)
3) I can't believe it's already August. Summer just started like two or three weeks ago here, and it's already almost gone. That makes me incredibly sad. Apart from just the weather, this summer seems to have flown by anyway. We've had a lot of weddings and a lot of trips and a lot of busy weekends dealing with getting a new house. I wish there was a pause button in life.
4) I think there's something in the water here. It seems a lot of people in our life are just kind of bugging out and being generally less than stellar humans. I don't know if it's us or them, but all but like 2 or 3 of our friends/ couples are really just kind of d-bags nowadays. Part of me wants to fight for good solid friendships, but the majority of me says "Fine, I don't want to be friends with petty and retarded people anyway." I just wish I knew why so I could at least walk away with closure, but if they're too immature to handle relationships like adults, I don't want to be bothered even knowing they exist. Come on, we're almost 30 now guys, this isn't kindergarten.
5) I think I've decided for sure I want to get out of accounting as soon as possible. My husby and I have discussed the pay cut we can afford to take, and I think I will look to make that transition after we have this house thing under our belts and settled for a bit. I'm up for ideas if any of you out there absolutely love your chosen career.
6) Also, I don't know why going by "Amanda" at work caught on in my personal life...I went by Mandi for the first 24 years of my life, and now everyone knows me as Amanda. What happened?! :) I miss it.
That's all, have a great weekend! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You told me to call you Amanda and changed your email address to that too. :-) I thought that was expected.
ReplyDelete