When it was bitter cold for months, I whined incessantly about how that was not what June and July should feel like. It has finally warmed up and hit the 90s here in MA and I was actually kind of happy about it - got out all my sundresses and have been digging the sun and laying by the pool at every opportunity. Having said that though, I think I might have pushed a bit too hard on it. I fly out to Vegas tomorrow where it will be over 100 pretty much the whole time we're there. And this isn't a vacay where we can lounge poolside or sit in the cool casinos sipping cocktails. We're going for my brother's 10 year anniversary and my niece's one-year birthday, so it's packed full of family funtime where we will be out and about, driving around in less than casual outfits. I think I'm most worried about getting to the church in the middle of the day in a satin dress - hopefully I can make myself presentable before the big affair. And you know what else? People keep saying "Oh, it's a *dry* heat." What does that even mean?! I mean, I know what it means, but doesn't 100+ feel hot regardless of how humid it might be?! It's not like a dry hundred-degrees is going to feel like a comfortable 75-degree day, right?
Anyway, I'm sure I'll survive. And all the family funtime will be nice. To be clear, I am not dreading going, just worried about how my fragile Northeastern bones will hold up in the desert. In August.
See y'all on the other side!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment