...I did not realize I feel so far behind in my postings! Here's a quick update...
We are finally under agreement for a house! It is the new construction in Wilmington and the builder is giving us an insanely good deal on the price - it was listed for about $125K less than any other house we liked, so that's awesome! We get to customize just about everything, so that's exciting but also scary in that we can't see for ourselves what it will look like or how it's coming together. I know everything will look different than the way it does on paper, so it's hard to imagine. I'm also kind of over it already...the hunt took so long, then this house is taking forever to get the ball rolling (and i don't know why)...it just seems that every night we spend an hour or two discussing what to offer on, how much to offer, how to arrange a room, if an upgrade is worth the initial cost, etc. Right now, I'm ready to never talk about housing again. I'm sure once the house starts going up and we start picking colors and fixtures and appliances I'll be excited again, but until then...
We also went to another wedding this past weekend. One of my oldest friends from high school finally married her longtime girlfriend. It was my first girl-on-girl wedding and it was a blast! Both brides looked beautiful and they threw a great party.
We were able to stay with my MIL for the weekend, and it's always great to see her. She took us to a wonderful orchard to pick some berries and it was nice to get out in the sun and tan and sweat a bit. A few days before we arrived, she had brought a home a new tiny little kitten named Mickey - he was the smallest one I'd ever seen and he loved attention and swatting and climbing on anything that would play with him. We had a blast and it made me that much more excited about bringing home our own pets once we move into our new home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Girl-on-girl weddings rock!! I'll have to upload some of Megan's wedding pics to facebook.
ReplyDelete