Friday, April 3, 2009
For my fellow foodies...
It's no secret that my favorite type of food is the bad kind: warm gooey fat-laden comfort food. Now that my metabolism has seriously decreased, I have to be more careful than I used to. However, while on a business trip to Mt Kisco NY this past week, I just could not resist stopping in at their diner and seeing what they had to offer in the way of greasy snacks. It took me almost half an hour to peruse the incredible menu, but when I was done, wow! I had found my all-time favorite new food! It was an appetizer called "Tango Fries" and it fit very nicely into my not-so-secret weakness for cheesy fries, but about a billion times better! It starts with a plate full of waffle fries, and super seasoned ones at that! Then they are truly smothered in two types of cheese (and real smothered, not what every other restaurant calls smothered with a smattering of shredded cheese that's barely visible), then topped off with bacon! Once the cheese is melted everywhere and has even formed delicious little puddles at the bottom, brown gravy is poured over the whole pile of greasy goodness! The result is melt-in-your-mouth flavor! Spicy fries cooled with cheese, then mushy with gravy....ahhhhhhh! I went there for dinner every night I was there and don't even want to shed the weight those put on my hips. The. best. fries. dish. ev-er!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment