Friday, March 27, 2009
The Fuzz
So, here's my rant for this week. I *hate* cops! I'm a relatively naive, optimistic person by nature so I tend not to see/ worry about government corruption, police brutality, etc. Though I had some run-ins with awful cops when stopped for speeding, I still believed they were here to keep us safe. Even the many you-tube videos of police brutality failed to convince me - I just assumed they weren't showing the whole story. But then I had a bad experience with them on New Year's Eve 2009, and now it's all sinking in. The latest story to really piss me off was the cop who stopped a man for speeding - upon approaching the car, the driver explained that his 83 year old mom in the passenger seat wasn't breathing right and needed immediate attention. He offered to handle it all after he arrived at the hospital, but the cop refused to follow him there. While he was writing the frikkin ticket, his mother died!!!! This is one of the few times were I really think suing is the right answer (and that is some kind of rare!). The guy, apparently a much bigger person than I am, doesn't plan to take action - he just hopes the cop appreciates his own mother now. I think the cop doesn't deserve a mother, but whatevs. I also read that with the economy being so bad, states are looking to the police to generate revenue via ticketing. I know it's bad y'all, but come on - isn't the endgame supposed to be peace and safety for all?! I have definitely seen more speed traps in our area recently, however they absolutely refuse to ticket the hundreds that run the red lights at the 95 ramps near exit 36, probably because they do it too! Drives me crazy! Anyway, the ones I see always have a really bad attitude and are normally doing really really stupid things. Though I'm sure there are some good cops out there (somewhere!), I think most of them are angry, power-hungry men who think the masses are not real people. Not a fan. Apparently, put a few drinks in me and I'll even spew my views within earshot of uniformed cops. Admittedly, not very smart, but hey! neither are they! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment