In a previous post, I ranted about my winter dislikes. Because I do believe in the power of thinking positive, I will attempt to cheer myself up about this endlessly cold and dreary season. So here are things I am still digging about winter...
1) "Boots With the Fuurrr" - Though I would rather wear flip-flops, I did acquire a cute little collection of frikkin' awesome boots this year and I am still rocking 'em
2) "Sweet Like Chocolate" - Nothing beats a caramel apple cider while snuggling under blankets, and I am also a huge fan of a good peppermint twist from Starbucks or a nice, chocolate-y cocoa.
3) "I'm Cuddling Close to Blankets and Sheets..." - Sometimes during the summer, it gets stressful to always feel the pressure to figure out something fun to do in the sun. During these dreary days, its really fun to have a movie marathon buried under mounds of fleece or have game night with some friends. Basically, it's an excuse to be lazy and I'm a fan.
4) "Ski on White Slopes" - I just tried skiing for the first time this winter and I had been hoping to get another run in. If this cold and snow keeps up, I might still get to!
5) "Big Bulky Sweaters (Tell Me More, Tell Me More)" - I am aware that sweaters were on my list for things I hate and I am tired of seeing these particular winter items. However, they are a lot better at hiding "holiday poundage" than summer tanks and for that I am thankful.
6) "Looking Forward All That I Can See Is Good Things..." - It is so much more pleasant to be at the end of winter because you have 3 great seasons to look forward to still. At the end of summer and fall, it starts to get depressing because you know what comes next. These somewhat cold days with limited bouts of sunshine are mildly tolerable because I know warm weather is on its way!
So, hopefully that will help me keep smiling through the cold, wet days of March and April!
(bee tee dubs, the title and bullet points are all quotes of song lyrics...i forgot to make that clear the first time!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment