This post is primarily for myself, to document our wonderful weekend so I don't forget it. I apologize in advance if it's too long for you readers! :)
Friday was the actual date of the wedding we were going into town for, so we took the day off and set off in the morning so we'd have time for some fun stuff before the wedding. We made wonderful time straight to Flushing, where we met up with a fellow guest to go out to lunch. Anthony had seen a place in Queens on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives called Sparrow Tavern and we all wanted to try it. As we neared the place, a guy was coming out the door and asked if we were there for lunch. He told us to pick any seat, and he'd be right back. That made it clear it was definitely a dive if there was exactly one worker on the floor! The menu was small but amazing - Anthony had specifically seen the grilled cheese featured on the show so I tried that and it was amazing! I also tried a jalepeno strawberry margarita that was much better than it sounded!
After that, it was off to the wedding! We checked into the hotel, and as I was racing to iron my dress, the nasty crusty water part burned off onto my dress right in the middle front! I had no time or choices, so I put it on and hoped for the best. When we got there, the wedding was actually in the reception halls so we were all seated at our round eating tables to watch it. I've never seen that done before, but it was really quite efficient! The couple was Korean and had been set up by the pastor at their church, so it was a fun and interesting ceremony. The couple had actually already had a wedding and they referenced that this was their second one, so that was kind of odd - we never found out why they did it twice. Perhaps the first one was because they wanted to live together? But then I would think you'd just do a courthouse wedding for that one. Not that it mattered, but all the guests were pondering that during the evening.
After the ceremony, there was a HUGE Korean buffet and Anthony was in heaven with all the sushi and stuff! The DJ was a caricature and a little over the top, but fun all the same and we danced well into the night. Afterwards, the groom had booked a karaoke room at the hotel so we all went there for the afterparty. I only lasted a few songs before I retreated to the hotel room for some much needed rest! (The night before leaving I had been at work until 10, then had to come home and pack so I was already fairly tired.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment