I know I've been falling down on keeping this updated, but I haven't felt inspired with something to write about, but here goes anyway!
The job is plugging along - doing better than my first month here, but still really struggling with the realization that I cannot do this for the rest of my life. The monotony and lack of true interest on my part is really waning on me. At my first job as an office manager, I thought it was a wonderful opportunity for me when the CFO plucked me out and showed me the accounting ropes, and it really has been a godsend. I have marketable skills and definitely can support myself financially, which is perhaps more than I can say for the other road I was headed down. However, I now find myself curious what would have happened otherwise. Would I be poor? Miserable? Underutilized? Even more bored? Unfulfilled? Looked down on? Or would I be making a decent living and enjoy coming in each day and doing what I need to get done? There's no way to ever know, but it is something I've been really pondering lately? Was this a godsend? Or did I let myself veer away from my goals and a personal cost?
Enough about that!! This weather has been making me pretty happy, though I know heat waves are not always a good thing! The constant rain had been bringing me down, as had the fairly cool spring and summer. But the sun finally came out, and I got to spend a fair amount of time in my "soaking pool!!"
I always feel at the beginning of each month that we need to do some stuff and get out and live our lives rather than waiting for life to happen to us. But inevitably, our weekends always fill up so fast! This past weekend found us on the Cape with some friends. With no AC, it was a little rough but the water on the beach was much much warmer than I thought it would be! It was a little cool to the touch, but didn't shock you as you got in. It was incredibly windy so the water was very choppy and wavy, which I like! The last time I'd been in rough waves was in California last year, and had a very scary experience (twice!!) with getting sucked under and whirled about, so I was actually a little nervous but it was a great time and I remembered how much I miss the ocean waves.
Next weekend my mother-in-law's in town, then the weekend after that we have a wedding in NYC. I recently learned my husband absolutely adores NYC and would love to go more, so we were excited to get the wedding invitation and make a long weekend of it. Unfortunately, the dates aligned with my new job's close schedule and I'm already pushing my luck taking that Friday off to go to the wedding, so there was not much chance to extend it. Happily we will have all of Saturday and most of Sunday to do whatever we want, so I'm sure it will still be a grand time!
That's about all I got! Can't believe July is already mostly gone. I spend so much time looking forward to May and beyond, then it always seems to just disappear!
Tuesday, August 6, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment