I had the pleasure of heading to a wedding near Dallas last weekend and it was a great time! My childhood pastor's daughter and little sister of my high school best friend got married last weekend and it was an absolute fairy-tale wedding! The wedding was very well planned and put together and the whole wedding party was stunning! The wedding was outdoors at a pink-flower-strewn gazebo where the bride made her entrance in a horse-drawn carriage! The reception had some really awesome touches, like a photo booth (the kind in the mall that spits out a strip of 4 pics) and a candy bar, as well as 3 kinds of cake, and a Beatles band! It was a great way to start our wedding season, and I am really glad I decided to go and bring my husband.
One of the best parts of events like these, where an old friend from Germany gets married, is the fact that it kind of turns into a mini-reunion of a lot of my old friends and I love it! My husband has not really met anyone I grew up with, so I was very glad for this opportunity for him to meet a lot of them! I got to see my old best friend (who's now married and pregnant and serving on the mission field overseas), my old pastor and his wife (who flew from Germany to do our wedding 2 years ago), a lot of my old youth leaders/ Sunday school teachers/ music leaders, as well as some old youth group pals (cr & rg!!)! Since there is not really any other way for us to get together and reconnect, these turn into precious memories and I really loved catching up with everybody.
Another perk of heading south is the great food! Among the treats we sampled were Sonic, Wattaburger, Jack in the Box, a hole-in-the-wall Mexican place with brisket tacos, and food-network famous bbq joint, and a dessert joint that makes Nutella gelato!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment