Friday, February 13, 2009

One Step Closer

Possible victory! I finally heard back from my old boss and the news was mostly good. They asked for my updated resume and want me to interview with a new controller that was brought in right after I left. The difference this time around is this: before, management had many needs and thought I showed skills in a few different areas so I didn't have a real job title or easy-to-describe position. I was the jack-of-all trades who always did my work faster than everybody else, thus got lots of random things dumped on me. I really liked the variety and the challenge, but all that crossover is what put me in the other person's line of fire which ultimately caused me to leave. So this time, they want to hire me as a revenue accountant. That's what I did with about 40% of my time when I was there, and I liked it. I also trained the other 4 revenue accountants, so I know the job pretty well. :) The boss in that department is a great one, and our personalities are very similar so it was always a good match.
Anyway, now I guess I just wait to hear back when they have time to interview me. In the meantime, I shall mentally disect this endlessly and I'm sure bore my husband with my constant dwelling on it.
Again, opinions are welcome. I am so ready for this to be over!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment