Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Q: What do pirates, cartoons, and swedes have in common?

A: Google recognizes them all!

That's right, I just learned this little nugget yesterday from 'Cash Cab,' believe it or not! Because my tech-happy husband didn't know either, it made me wonder who else has been missing out. I have never bothered to look at Google's language preferences because it's already in the language I thought I needed. However, it was revealed to me on 'Cash Cab' that you can actually set it to the language of one of cartoon's most infamous hunters, Elmer Fudd! After literally almost laughing myself off the treadmill, I couldn't wait to get home and fact-check. Upon further research, you can also set it to 'pirate' and 'bork!' This only works on google searches, not igoogle pages, but still! It's pretty awesome and provides some great laughs! It takes a minute to even catch all the links it changes, and it's well worth the time! I highly recommend changing your settings - it will bring a smile to your face even when you're doing the most mundane searches!

happy googling!

No comments:

Post a Comment