Sunday, January 24, 2010

Homeowners

We've been in our house now a couple days and it's great to finally have everything here and be able to unpack and have slightly less stress in our lives. Tuesday-Thursday were perhaps the worst days of my life in recent memory with the move and close being so up in the air, but it's finally over. Our super awesome friends Steve and Bri showed up Wednesday morning and stayed until Friday night, helping us with the move, cleaning the old apartment, unpacking in the new, then celebrating with pizza and champagne on the floor of our new living room. My dad was a trooper and flew in on a red-eye Wednesday morning and helped with the move too, and we absolutely could not have gotten it done without them. I've never been so grateful to live near family and good friends.
Now comes the fun part of unpacking and organizing our new home. We got a bit done this weekend, and I can't wait to keep on it. There's so much space to put everything, so it's just fun figuring out the best place for everything.

1 comment:

  1. I have always felt that you find out who your true friends are when it comes to moving! It's not an easy job so only those who are truly close to up normally show up to help. I'm glad that you had some really great friends that stay with you guys until the end! I'm glad you guys are in the new home and all the fun is beginning! I'm glad the moving is behind you guys.. those are some of the worse times of my life that i remember as well. Sometimes you just don't think you are going to make it through it! :)

    ReplyDelete